The Executive Committee
of The International Gira
30th November 2007
CHARACTERISTICS AND PROGRAM OF COMPETITIONS
Characteristic of competitions
1.1. According to the character competitions are divided into
In personal competitions only personal results are taken into account, and competitor's place is defined according to this result. In team and team-personal competitions the competitors 'and teams' results are taken separately and team and competitor places are defined according to those results.
1.2. In each specific case characteristic of competition is set in Statute of competitions.
Program of competition
Competitions with 16,24 and 32 kg. weightballs * are held:
- according to the two-event program (push of two weightballs from the chest-level with two hands, and pull of weightball with one hand and then another),
- in separated exercises(pull, push),
- push of two weightballs from the chest-level and then put them down to the hold level (long cycle),
- women compete in pull,
- team relay race(they are held according to statute of competition).
Period/term of competitions in one weight category in the two-event program is determined according to statute of competition. First goes pushes then pulls.
Competitions should be organized in such a way that break between the two events
should be not less than 30 minutes. The weight of weightballs is also determined according to the rules of competition.
* weightballs - giras
Age of participants.
Participants are :
- teens (boys, girls) 14-15 years old;
- juniors (boys, girls) 16-18 years old;
- elder juniors (boys, girls) 19-22 years old;
- men, women above 22 years old;
- veterans: men- 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74,75-79, 80 and older; women – 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and older.
Age of participants is defined by the year of their birth ( according to the age at the 1" of January of the present year).
Teens, juniors and elder juniors can perform in elder age group only by doctor's special permission and decision of the Executive Commitee of International Gira Sport Federation.
Competitors are divided according to the following weight categories:
to 55 kg
to 60 kg
to 65 kg
to 70 kg
to 75 kg
to 80 kg
over 80 kg
to 60 kg
to 65 kg
to 70 kg
to 75 kg
to 80 kg
to 90 kg
over 90 kg
to 50 kg
to 60 kg
over 60 kg
to 60 kg
to 70 kg
over 70 kg
Each competitor has a right to compete only in one weight category.
Order of weight checking
2.1. Weight checking is settled by the statute of competition/is determined by the rules of competition; weight checking starts not later, then two hours before competition and lasts one hour.
2.2. Weight checking takes place in special room. Members of the collegium of judges and 1 official representative from each team are allowed to be present.
2.3. Weight checking is executed by judges, responsible for particular weight category.
2.4. Participants pass through weight checking naked. Each participant does it only one time. Second try may be granted to those competitors whose weight does riot correspond to weight category submitted before.
2.5. Order of competition is set by casting a lost by mandate commission.
2.6. It is permitted to form final group of best competitors for more objective determination of the winner on the base of selection results and decision of senior judge collegium.
Rights and duties of competitors
2.7. Competitor has to know the rules and statute of competitions.
2.8. Competitor has a right to ask any question from senior judge collegium only through the representative of it's team, captain or judge for participants.
2.9. Competitor is obliged to follow discipline strictly, be amicable toward other competitors, and also spectators and judges. Competitor who did not show up for the competitions must be dismissed.
2.10. Participant has to prepare and perform with weightballs which are situated at the sport-ground. And weightballs must be numerised according to the sport-ground.
2.11 It is forbidden to use anything that makes easier to lift weightballs
2.12. Participant has a right to prepare weightballs before being called at the sport-ground. Weightballs are prepared in a particular place, where judge collegium can observe the preparation.
2.13. Competitor has a right to be a representative of a company or a advertising company. In this case competitor or the team representative has to notify organization which helps competition, and senior judge collegium and receive a conformation.
2.14. Participant, which took the 1, 2 or 3 place (prize places) is obliged to appear at the
rewarding ceremony in his sport clothing. If participant does not appear, he will be deprive of his reward.
2.15. Competitors clothing consists of shorts (leggings), the lowest edge of which should obtain not lower the middle of the hip, shirt or weightlifting tights (top for women) and sport boots. Competitor has to wear swimming suit under shorts. It is allowed to use a weightlifting belt (width no more than 10 cm) and bandages but their lenght should not exceed 1,5 meters. Bandage should be no wider than 10 cm. At the wrist and 25 cm. at the knees. It is also allowed to use wrist and knees holders.
For the weightball and hand preparation it is allowed to use only magnesium.
Team representatives and captains.
2.16. Every organization which takes part in team and team-personal competitions
has to have its representative.
2.17. Representative is a head of the team and is responsible for the competitors discipline and their presence.
2.18.Representative is present at the weight checking, during the calling of lost, and at the conferences of judge collegium, if they are, held with representatives.
2.19. During the competitions representatives should be at the specific place or among the participants.
2.20. Representative has no right to interfere with judges or other people responsible for the competition. Representative has right to register applications and a protests about organization and judgement of competitions. Protests schould be registered till the appearance of other participants on the sport-ground.
If participants of some team do not have a representative, its duties are put on the captain.
III. EQUIPMENT AND INVENTORY
3.1. Competitions are held on the sport-ground not less than 1,5x1,5 square meters and this distance must provide safety for doing exercises and do not disturb the competitions process. The surface of sport-ground must guarantee it`s cohesion with participant`s footwear.
3.4. Weightballs weight should not have a dispersion of more then 100 grams comparing with the nominal.
3.3. Weightballs should have the following sizes and colors:
height-280 mm. 16 kg.-yellow
diameter - 210mm. 24kg.- green
diameter of handle-35mm. 32 kg.-red
3.4. For the counting should be present electronic signalization, which guarantees accessibility of information for the audience and the other sportsmen.
IV. COLLEGIUM OF JUDGES
4.1. Collegium of judges is organization which hosts the competitions.
4.2. Collegium of judges consists of:
a) if number of competitors less then 20: senior judge, senior secretary, doctor, fixing judge (for every sport-ground), judge for the duplicate protocol, secretary, informator-judge, judge with competitors, technical inspector;
b) if the number of competitors more then 20, and if competitions are held on several sport-grounds vise-judge added and respectively the quantity of other judges increases.
4.3. Judge for weightball lifting must know these rules and use them. He should be unprejeduce and fair in his decisions, be an example of discipline, be familiar with the statute of competitions.
4.4. Judges must have specific form: red suit, black trousers, light shirt and tie.
4.5. Superintendent is helping the collegium judges in preparatory matters.
Senior judge collegium
4.6. Senior judge collegium consists of senior judge, assistant to the senior judge and senior secretary.
4.7. During the International competitions and national championships from the collegium of judges jury is selected . Senior judge is a head of the jury.
4.8. Jury consists of senior-judge up to 5 judges who have the top judge category. Membership of the jury is set be senior judge collegium.
4.9. In mass competitions the duties of the jury are fulfilled by senior-judge.
Rights and duties of senior judge collegium (jury)
4.10.Senior judge collegium (Jury):
- supervise competitions and correspondence to the rules and statute of competitions;
- receives declarations and protests and makes decisions;
- for the period of hearing competitions should be stopped;
- overrules the decision of fixing judge in case of obvious misuse of the rules;
- dismissed judges, who made brutal mistakes;
- changes schedule of competitions if necessary;
- dismiss competitors for technical unarranged.
Note: Senior judge collegium (jury) has no right to change rules set by statute of competitions. All the decisions are based on majority vote.
Senior judge and his assistant
4.11.Senior judge is a head of collegium and is responsible for its work, organization of competitions, discipline and security, creation of equal conditions for all competitors and strict obligation of the rules, fair judgment, result counting and making the conclusions of competitions.
4.12.Senior judge has a duty to:
- organize a meeting of judges and seminar with representatives on rules of competitions and present equipment prior to contests;
- set together with jury the working shedule of senior collegium and brigades of judges;
- direct the competition and decide specific issues;
- control the activity of judges at the time of competitions and final awards;
- receive protests for the jury;
- submit a written report and necessary documentation to the organization hosting competitions in 5-days term;
- order and direct meeting of judge collegium during competition if necessary;
4.13. Senior judge has a right:
change the shedule of competitions if necessary;
- dismiss competitors whose technical preparation as well as cloth do not correspond with the requirements and rules and statute of competitions.
4.14. Assistance to the senior judge execute the function of senior judge at his absence and follows his instructions.
Senior secretary of competitions
4.15. Senior secretary:
- prepares necessary technical documentation and is responsible for its correctness;
- registers protocols of the collegium of judges and orders and decision of senior judges;
- gives information about "competition to the informatory judge , team representatives and mass-media if allowed by the senior judge ;
- registers acts of records;
- proceeds all documentation of competition;
- submits to the senior judge all the information reguired for the report;
- registers and fixes decisions for protests.
Judge at the sport-ground
4.16. Judge at the sport-ground:
- executes weight checking of category he is responsible for;
- checks looks and uniform of each competitor;
- counts and announces rights lifts loudly and clearly;
- fixes technically incorrect lifts by the command "not count";
- declares final results in every exercise loudly and clear.
Note: At the international competitions and national championships there are two judges for every sport-ground, one of which is a head and does counting. His assistant fixes results and registers protocol. Final result is set by two judges together.
- fills up the competitors cards at the weight checking procedure (weight-checking protocol) and competition protocol at the sport-ground of a particular weight category.
- calls competitors to the sport-ground and notify others to prepare.
4.18. Informatory judge:
- declares dicisions of senior judge collegium;
- notifies competitors and spectators with the results of competitions.
Judge for participants
4.19. Judge for participants:
- checks the presence of participant according to the list, and the whether their
clothing is appropriate and notifies the secretary;
- drow up competitors and lead them to the exercise according to the lot;
- notifies competitors about their turn in time;
- notifies secretary in case of competitor being absent or his refusal to take part in competition;
- is an intermediary between participants and colegium of judges;
- supervise the preparation of weightballs.
4.20. Technical inspector:
- together with the assistant to the senior judge checks the weightballs and forms and act of their conformityto the rules of competition,
- controls technical condition of weightballs and equipment.
Doctor of competitions
4.21. Doctor of competitions is a member of the collegium of judges , and hes a title of medical assistant to the senior judge.
4.22. Doctor of competitions:
- checks the doctor's visa at the application form;
- exercise medical supervision over the competitor at the time of weight checking and during the competitions;
- supervise sanitary and hygienic conditions during the competitions , dinning and living places of competitors;
- gives medical aid in case of trauma or sickness of competitor and declares the possibility îf their competitiveness;
- together with the senior judge makes decision over the dismissing of a participant and gives an official written explanation about reasons of dismission.. Gives a confirmation to usage of additional bandages, coverages , and plasters and informs senior judge collegium about this fact;
- after the competition is obliged to submit the report of medical-sanitary assistant to the senior judge.
Superintendent of competitions
4.23. Superintendent of competitions is responsible for the in-time preparation of
equipment (sport-ground', weightball, scales, ets.), place of competitions, for the
competitors, representatives, judges, press. He is responsible for the decoration. He
also should supervise the parade of participants, provide them with technical
assistants and attributes, follow the orders of senior judge and representative of the
organization hosting competition.
V. RULES OF EXERCISE DOING
5.1. Participant should be called to the sport- ground two minute before starting of exercise. 10 seconds before the beginning there are commands: "Ready! Steady! Go!" or there is a control timing: 5,4, 3, 2,1 sec, after which command "start" goes.
5.2. There are 10 minutes for the exercise. Secretary judge after each minute gives control timing. After 9 minutes control time is declared after 30 seconds, 50 seconds and last 5 seconds each second.
• During competitions on several sport grounds all competitors begin to do exercise right after "Start!" command. If this demand is not done, judge at the sport ground gives a command "stop";
• If the exercise is started before "Start!" command (false start) judge at the sport ground gives a command "stop" and after the brake allows doing the exercise after "Start!" command, which is given by himself;
• While doing the exercise participant must stand at the sport ground, faced to the judge, feet must be parallel to the front edge of the sport ground;
• Doing the exercise is determined as right if the lifting is finished with straighting of legs and hands and with fixation of the weightball (weightballs) over the head in the front flatness with the visible stop of the weightball (weightballs) and the sportsman,
5.3. After 10 minutes there is a command "stop", with all lifts are not counted, and competitor have to stop the exercise.
5.4. Each correct lift should be followed by counting of judge at the sport-ground, which would be able to understand by competitor and audience.
5.5 It is not allowed to talk during the exercise.
5.6. If the lift is technically incorrect sport-ground judge gives a command "Stop", "do not count" or gives a notification. If the following lift is done correctly counting is continue increasingly.
5.7 Push is done from the chest, when shoulders (elbows) are flattened to the trunk and legs are straight. At the moment of fixation of weightballs at the top of the movement trunk, legs and arms should be straight, movement of weightballs and sportsman should be stoped.
5..8. "Stop" command is given when:
- weightball(s) is (are) put to the shoulder joint (the exception is the start of doing exercise- after lifting weichtballs on the chest) or to the sport-ground or when weightballs are lowered from the chest,
- when weightball(s) is are put down from the chest in the hanging position
5..9. Lift is not counted if:
- there is an interruption in the movement;
- push is done not simultaneously;
- position of hands is changed during the sit down before the push;
- absence of fixation on the start position and at the top of the movement.
5.10. Push of two weightballs from the chest in long cycle is done with following lowering at the hanging position after each push has the same rules:
• during the lowering the shaking loose is allowed only once;
• during the lowering of weightballs at the hanging position for the shaking loose "Stop" command is given only when the weightballs are stoped in the hanging position for rest or if the double shaking loose takes place.
5.11. Exercise is done in one set. Competitor has to lift the weighfball in one
uninterrupted movement with straight hands and fix it at the top.
At the moment of fixation, hand, legs and trunk should be straight, movement of weightballs and sportsman should be stoped. During the lowering the shaking loose is allowed only once.
After fixation at the top competitor has to put weightball down not touching the trunk
and do another repetition.
5.12. Competitor must do the same quantity of lifts by left and right hands, hand
change is made only once down between lifts.
Command "stop" is given when:
- weightball is put on the shoulder;
- weightball is put on the sport-ground.
During the brake at the hanging position for the rest or during double shaking loose before changing hands the “Move weightballs” command is given. – if the command was not done in appropriate way or after it` s execution "Stop" command is given.
Lift is not counted if:
- movement is not continuos;
- there is no fixation at the top;
- hand or any part of the body touches sport-ground, weightball, working hand, legs, trunk.
Determination of winners
5.13 In every weight category winner is determined by maximum sum of two exercises and in separate exercises (push, pull) and push in long cycle. In pull the minimal repetitions done with one hand is counted. If the number of lifts equal for several sportsmen, advantage is given to:
* participant who had the lowest personal weight before the competition
* participant who was first according to the lot;
* participant who has the lowest personal weight after the competition.
5.14. If the participant got zero for one exercise of two, sum is not counted.
5.15. Participant who got zero for the push is dismissed from the second one.
5.16. Winner team is selected on the criteria of maximum point received by selected participants. Points are granted according to one of the types, set in the statute of competition (according to the table, places, total number of lifts, etc.).
VI. Relay - races.
6.1. The team competition in phased lifting of weigthballs:
• quantity of laps , exercise , weight of weihtball (weightballs) is determined by statute of competition ;
• exercise are made according to general rules ;
• participants are allowed to take part only in one lap of competition;
• participant is allowed to perform in heavier weight category ;
• at each lap participants of different teams compete at the same time.
6.2. Order of holding of relay - races:
• competition takes place if there are not less than 3 teams;
• competition starts from lighter weight categories ;
• in 5 seconds before start participants of first lap are given the command
"And ready!", "Attention!", "Start!";
• in 5 seconds before the end of regular lap participants are given the command"Attention!"; by the end of the time – the command "Change";after the command "Change" participants, who made the exercise must put the weightballs on the sport ground, and participants of the next lap start to do the exercise ;
• lifting after the command "Change" for the participant of previous lap is not counted for the participant ;
• score is made by the increasing result ;
• relay – race is finished with the command "Stop!" according to general rules;
• command places are determined by the general quantity of liftings ineach team;
• if some teams have the same quantity of liftings, the winner is that team, which has the lesser general weight of participants.
V1I. RECORD REGISTRATION
7.1 World Records are registrated only on competitions, marked in the Sport Event's Calender of International Gira Sport Federation. if the dope-controll is present. Not less than 3 judges of International category have to be present Collegium of Judges.